The Most Important Features to Look For In a Self-Storage Facility
Businesses and individuals use self-storage units for different reasons like:
- Adding onto or remodeling a business
- Storing excess inventory
- Removing clutter from the home or office
- Moving from one apartment to another
Each storage facility provides its clients with unique features such as different sizes, premium security, and preserving your items. Hence, you need to know your needs before choosing the ideal storage company.
Here are some of the top features to look for when searching for a self-storage unit and their significance.
Security of your items should always be a top priority for you and your storage company. Whether you are to store home items or sensitive personal or business documents, you should go for a facility that appreciates the significance of keeping your items safe with the following amenities:
- Individual door locks and alarms. The security systems should alert staff in case of an attempted intrusion or break-in
- 24-hour CCTV surveillance. This offers the facility with enhanced visibility on anyone accessing the facility. The cameras allow identification of any suspicious activities and notifying authorities
- Fenced parameter and entry gates with pass code protection. This ensures that access to the facility is only accessible by authorized people, reducing unwanted visitors and theft
- Ample outdoor and indoor lighting. Surrounding areas and walkways should be well lit to keep intruders away and protect tenants and employees in the dark
Breathable Storage Units
There are many items prone to damage upon exposure to extreme weather conditions. They can be kept under protection by going for a self-storage unit with a climate-control feature or the proper material like wood. These storage units are kept at moderate humidity and temperature level with the aim of:
- Safeguarding goods and memorabilia from damp basement conditions
- Keeping wooden furniture free of warping
- Protecting sensitive books, documents, and paperwork from damage
- Preventing metallic items from rusting
Individuals and businesses can increase their productivity with the help of on-site conferencing rooms for technology equipment and meeting space. Some storage facilities offer extras like:
- Fax machines
- Computer access
- WiFi connection
Some conference centers also provide a good location for delivery of packages during working hours.
Storage of Vehicles
Trucks, boats, cars, and RVs can take up a lot of storage space when left unused. Your most valuable belongings can be safeguarded by choosing a self-storage unit that can store vehicles or outdoor storage for larger trucks, RVS, and boats.
Reliable Customer Service
Your ideal storage service provider should be one who is available to answer any of your questions. Choose a facility that has personnel who can help you throughout the storage process even after working hours.
Furthermore, most businesses and homeowners use self-storage units when relocating. Storage facilities that offer exceptional services to their customers can always reduce the stress involved when moving by offering essentials like:
- No hidden fees
- Flexible schedules
- Free transportation of items to the unit from your office or home
- Discounts on moving supplies such as packing boxes
When assessing the available self-storage options, always know your needs prior to choosing a facility. This ensures that you will choose the one with ideal features to fulfill your storage needs.